Warwick/Wolfe Woods Disc Golf Course

Morgan
Discussion Pro

Post by Morgan » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:05 pm

According to Schweberger, Warwick is the 3rd best course in the world.

kenjiac
I Am "They"

Post by kenjiac » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:46 pm

Morgan wrote:According to Schweberger, Warwick is the 3rd best course in the world.

What were the top 2?
DisCap President
PDGA # 37696
NEFA # 1163

shad
Discussion Pro

Post by shad » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:39 pm

Dwayne wrote:It's fortunate I didn't go on Sunday to Warwick...I was feeling pretty crappy all day. I had a headache, fever, and the chits. I fell asleep early afternoon. I watching Wall-E with my family...missed half the movie. Oh well. I'm better today. Just needed to sleep it off I guess.

Glad you enjoyed it Kenji. I definately want to play there. I always hear good things about that course. You're positive feedback just adds to the proof.

same here. I woke up Friday morning and could barely swallow and I felt like I'd gone 9 rounds with Kimbo Slice. I had no energy to do anything. I'm still sick and would have taken today off but we can't take days off right after a Holiday weekend. sucks! Hope you're doing better than I am Dwayne.

BigDave
Intermediate

Post by BigDave » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Ben and I made the pilgrimage to Warwick on Sunday. I am sorry to say J-park is no longer the best course I have ever played. :shock: I guess it was bound to happen eventually.

It was a nice little drive down, taking us just over 2 hours to get there. We played one round from short tees to long baskets, had some lunch and played the back 9 again (mix of long to short and short to short). The course is simply amazing. I'll be making this trip again before long.

shad
Discussion Pro

Post by shad » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:56 am

My buddy Jesse and I are going to throw a few rounds at Warwick on Sat.

Scoontar
Discussion Pro

Post by Scoontar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:58 am

Playing Warwick/Wolfe Woods today. Playing all Long tees.

Scoontar
Discussion Pro

Post by Scoontar » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Playing Warwick/Wolfe Woods tomorrow.

6 layouts to choose from.

Which do you think I'm playing?

MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Post by MichiganJeff » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:38 pm

probably the one your schooled me on last fall :P
2019-2020 Innova Ambassador
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

Scoontar
Discussion Pro

Post by Scoontar » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:49 pm

All longs in Wolfe Woods. Except for 3, 8, 13, and 18. I only schooled ya cause I played 3 rounds in preparation for the tournament. I'm also playing S/S on the Animal-Warwick.

Can't wait to see Doyle's Nasty Beast Par 75-18 hole course combining Warwick with parts of Wolfe Woods.

Cypress Will
Discussion Pro

Re: Warwick/Wolfe Woods Disc Golf Course

Post by Cypress Will » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:13 pm

headed down to Warwick today to throw with my buddy Lou from NJ and friends. He got an ace on hole 1 silver to silver first throw of the day!!! anhyzer with a champ coyote! unfortunately that was before i got there.

Caught up with them around hole 10 and finished the round of silver to silver. also played silver to blue, Wolfe Woods and another round of silver silver. Wolfe is such an amazing and under-rated course! beautful day at the park! lots of hawks flying aruond the course, saw 3 or 4 up close.

Ven
Discussion Pro

Post by Ven » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:20 pm

On Thursday 4/14 I'll have the option of playing Warwick or Wolfe Woods or Doubles at Brown's Point/Buzzy's Creek. I'd lean to playing doubles because of the camaraderie. Any advice?

MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Post by MichiganJeff » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:15 pm

Never played Buzzy's............. Warwick/Wolfe Woods is really one you should dedicate a whole day to play it all because once you get there, you'll be bummed if you didn't get to play it all.
2019-2020 Innova Ambassador
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

Scoontar
Discussion Pro

Post by Scoontar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:02 pm

Go to The Utopia that is Warwick-Wolfe Woods. Best Course in New York. Players drive from North Carolina to play in tourneys here. I avoid Buzzys.

Chris Martin
Intermediate

Post by Chris Martin » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Buzzy's is not a "great course", (baskets stink, holes are short and often intersecting, tees are dirt) but dubs there are awesome! Usually 20+ show up, it is A/B pool, and the players run the gamut from beginners to top pros (Brinster is a regular). Also, it's a great setting on a lake, and if you enjoy beer, you should bring some.

Warwick is in my estimation the best course in the Northeast. I'd definitely pick Warwick course-wise, but Buzzy's camaraderie-wise, especially given it's a Thursday. You really can't go wrong with either one though, and they are only 15 mins apart....
Captain Lawrence Brewery

Scoontar
Discussion Pro

Post by Scoontar » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:56 am

I played Warwick/Wolfe Woods yesterday with a few Skylands players. A couple of them Ragged on J-Park. I also received this feedback a couple months ago while watching the Vibram Open on Disc Golf Planet TV. They complained about the unfairness of the fairways, and the DB-5's. It seems J-Park is the butt end of a joke at Warwick. When someones lie is behind trees they say "Your at J-Park". J-Park has some tight holes, but the majority are not. Especially in the main park. Unfortunately they only seem to remember the tight holes, and forget about all the open holes-1, 2, 4, 5. 6, 7, 8, 9, 22, and 26. I personally feel the variety at J-Park challenges many facets of your game. Some holes may be tight, but there are still Fairways on those holes, and every hole has been birdied-when the new holes first went in it took me about 5 rounds to start playing consistently on those hole, start loving them. I can understand the complaints about the DB-5's-"J-Park will never be World Class with Db-5's".
It's kind of a bummer going to Warwick, and when I run into someone they Rag on J-Park.
Solo or Social which do I prefer?