Cranbury Park, Norwalk, Connecticut

Scoontar
Discussion Pro
Cranbury Park, Norwalk, Connecticut

Post by Scoontar » Mon May 05, 2008 9:11 am

Heading out to Cranbury Park. New Cranberry colored baskets, new fly pads-A Kevin Rounds top 10 course. A little bit of North Carolina Disc Golf in Connecticut.

Also going to Fairfield College to play the 12 hole course.

Enjoy the day.

Scoontar

Scoontar
Discussion Pro

Post by Scoontar » Tue May 06, 2008 7:48 am

Played Cranbury + Fairfeild yesterday-Would of had a great time at Cranbury if I hadn't been attacked by 2 dogs in 2 dfferent incidents. Cranbury is filled with dogs off leash's, most are super cool dogs that want to be your friend, others bark at you, go after your disc etc. The first incident gave me a head ache from the loud barking in my face-the second-I couldn't finish the hole-the dog wouldn't leave me alone + the drunk hick swearing owner was no help. I was swinging my Disc Golf bag at the dog trying to defend myself. Disc Golfers have complained about the out of control dogs/owners at Cranbury for years.

Course is in fantastic shape-the new Tee boxs with flypads + the New Baskets have elevated this course to #1 in CT for me. Ct States Tourney will be here in July-mark your calendars as a can't miss event. 6 J-Parkers played in it last year.

I headed over to Fairfield University for a fun 14 holes around the college campus. Monk Parakeets were going crazy as usual on hole 6. Literally hundreds of parakeets-Almost aced the famous Zen hole-Finished -3 for 14. No Bogeys. Course is in great shape-baskets are like Kisco Old School. Hopefully Craig Steffen will hold the Fairfield Open again this year. The tourney layout is fun, challenging with many birdy ops.

For more on the Parakeets-
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/1569

lankylefty

Post by lankylefty » Tue May 06, 2008 8:10 am

i had an un pleasant experience saturday with a dog...jamesville beach near syracuse is in or on a dog park...or the dog park is on the golf course... :?: two nice holes in my star destroyer :evil: the lady handed it to me and said if i put it down he will just try to eat it...how nice, can i come to your house and smash things that are worth $15? then i was deemed rude by a snotty dog owner and her scared hubby...and asked for the 40th time, why did they put a golf course on a dog park? so i reply with the same question everytime....why did they put a dog park on the golf course? by the way my rant is over,,,after i tell you about watching out/stepping in land mines that before said snotty dog owners are supposed to pick up :?

MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Post by MichiganJeff » Tue May 06, 2008 9:06 am

i played there Saturday also........... a dog made a run for my drive( on 10 i think) but the owners called for it and it stopped.

Truthfully that part of the course needs to be redesigned more along the treelines......... 4 holes in an open field arent that challenging.......... but that could open a whole new can 'o' worms...........j.m.o.
2019-2020 Innova Ambassador
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

Cypress Will
Discussion Pro

Post by Cypress Will » Tue May 06, 2008 1:35 pm

Not challenging? How many 3s did you get out of 9, 12 and 18?

MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Post by MichiganJeff » Tue May 06, 2008 1:57 pm

I think 12 and 18 i had 3's on............
2019-2020 Innova Ambassador
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112