Warwick/Wolfe Woods Disc Golf Course

Scoontar
Discussion Pro

Warwick/Wolfe Woods Disc Golf Course

Post by Scoontar » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:04 am

You can post it here if it has to do with Warwick/Wolfe Woods

Scoontar
Discussion Pro

ACES ACES ACES ACES ACES YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Scoontar » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:07 am

I played Warwick/Wolfe Woods yesterday. Played Wolfe Woods first. Cleaned up garbage etc along the way.

My first throw on Warwick S/S I ACED hole 1. My first Ace at a Tournament Disc Golf Course. I threw a Star Wraith-Side arm that stayed straight the entire way (To the right of the Big Tree).

The feeling was great-especially knowing that I've finally been able to accomplsh a goal that I set for myself when I first started playing.

This makes it 3 ACES.

Aces-
Hole 1 Scoontars Course Hole 1 (160' Anyhyzer Flick-Sidewinder) Oct 06
Hole 9 Pine Lake DGC (100' LBH-Discraft Torque)
Hole 1 Warwick-(180' Sidearm-Wraith)

Cypress Will
Discussion Pro

Post by Cypress Will » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:13 am

Congrats Scoontar!!

Scoontar
Discussion Pro

Post by Scoontar » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:08 am

Played Warwick yesterday. The Flypads in Wolfe get too wet and slippery so Wolfe is out.

ACED hole 6 S/S with a LHBH drive-Champion Coyote.

If you hear me complain about Warwick it's usually hole 6. Not anymore.

ACE NUMBER 2.

Greg
Discussion Pro

Congrats

Post by Greg » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:10 am

2 Aces in a month! Way to go Scoon!
Tim and I plan to golf on Sat.
Any interest in coming up? Or Woodstock maybe?

Scoontar
Discussion Pro

RIP HOLE 4 WARWICK

Post by Scoontar » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:38 am

Greg, Sean Breslin + I played Warwick on Monday 1-7-08. We played hole 4-Silver to Blue.

On 1-8-08. Warwick Park workers removed hole 4's Blue basket. From what I hear The lot of land by 4's Blue basket is being converted to a bigger parking lot. The Silver basket will have to be moved in, or it could be removed as well.

It looks like hole 4 is history.

dooteronomy

Post by dooteronomy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:34 pm

Hole 4 is no more..both baskets have been removed, there's construction on the entire peninsula where the long pin used to be up to about where the short pin used to be.

Half the plateau of hole 3's fairway will also be converted to a parking lot. It's feasible to keep the short pin and short tee pad, and possibly moving the long teepad next to the shack and playing down the dirt road, but any shot that hyzers out will be hyzering into the parking lot. Realistically this cannot be a long term layout.

With that said, there already has been some discussion as to what to do from here. The plan dan threw out there would be to make Hole 2's blue pin the short pin, and clear out a little bit of trees to play to 3's blue basket as hole 2's blue. Sounds interesting to me. This would also mean that we need 2 more holes. I know dan has been talking about clearing out land beyond hole 12's basket (and behind 13's tee) to make a couple holes that play over and around the stream that comes into play on hole 14 long and most of Wolfe Woods. I havent explored it myself, but it's something to consider. Thankfully there is more land to work with, so it's not a total loss (although Holes 3 and 4 will be sorely missed. My first basket hit happened on hole 4 L-S, and I've tickled chains on hole 3 S-S before as well.)

Morgan
Discussion Pro

Post by Morgan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:13 pm

Well I guess the soccer moms parking on hole 3 and 4 got their way. Squeaky wheels get the grease and there is no squeakier wheel than a group of soccer moms whining about frisbees hitting their cars that were parked right next to "No Parking" signs.

shad
Discussion Pro

Post by shad » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:19 pm

I'm gonna play Warwick tomorrow 2-18 around 10ish. I'm heading down to my buddies in Orange Co. tonight. He's about a 1/2hr away from Warwick.
Most of the snow should be gone and the temp supposed to be near 55 for tomorrow -- should be a good day out for disc! my cell number is 573-2945 if anyone wants to join me. I'm on vacation all this week. I'm gonna play disc and snowboard but not at the same time.

dooteronomy

Post by dooteronomy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:45 am

$hadr@ck wrote:I'm gonna play Warwick tomorrow 2-18 around 10ish. I'm heading down to my buddies in Orange Co. tonight. He's about a 1/2hr away from Warwick.
Most of the snow should be gone and the temp supposed to be near 55 for tomorrow -- should be a good day out for disc! my cell number is 573-2945 if any one wants to join me. I'm on vacation all this week. I'm gonna play disc and snowboard but not at the same time.

area code?

call me shad - 201 693 8295

shad
Discussion Pro

Post by shad » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:09 pm

What a terrible day -- got a ticket in the village of Florida for an overdue inspection on the way to the course. I played 11 & 1/2 holes at before falling hard down a hill in the mud on hole 12. My ass was completely covered in mud -- I mean it was caked on. Had to quit right there. I sat on my raincoat all the way back to Montgomery. It was a warm day but the ground is still frozen and the tee pads were iced over and there was ice everywhere. I did 3 & 4 the first 11 holes though -- so it wasn't all bad.

shad
Discussion Pro

Post by shad » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:33 pm

drunkentroubadour wrote:
$hadr@ck wrote:I'm gonna play Warwick tomorrow 2-18 around 10ish. I'm heading down to my buddies in Orange Co. tonight. He's about a 1/2hr away from Warwick.
Most of the snow should be gone and the temp supposed to be near 55 for tomorrow -- should be a good day out for disc! my cell number is 573-2945 if any one wants to join me. I'm on vacation all this week. I'm gonna play disc and snowboard but not at the same time.

area code?

call me shad - 201 693 8295

yeah -- I called that number.

dooteronomy

Post by dooteronomy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:41 pm

yeah, that was a my bad. i got your message late. let me know next time you're in the area (for warwick, wolfe woods, or even a dirty jersey run of buzzy's and campgaw too..)

it's only a half hour or so between warwick and campgaw (passing buzzy's on the way.) all three could be done in a day (or 4 if we include wolfe woods and start early.)

Jeannie
Rookie

Post by Jeannie » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:35 pm

Morgan wrote:Well I guess the soccer moms parking on hole 3 and 4 got their way. Squeaky wheels get the grease and there is no squeakier wheel than a group of soccer moms whining about frisbees hitting their cars that were parked right next to "No Parking" signs.

I happen to be a soccer mom and a disc golfer. Actually I agree with you, but in this case, knowing the people that run the Warwick Soccer Club, it's the soccer Dad's that got their way if anyone. Not sure yet if it had to do with soccer, rather than the town just wanting to waste more of our money. We'll see...

shad
Discussion Pro

Post by shad » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:16 am

I'll be at Warwick today with my buddy Jesse. I came down last night. We're heading out now.