Okay, what do I need to do to get these sold? Offers?

Glastenbury
Rookie
Okay, what do I need to do to get these sold? Offers?

Post by Glastenbury » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:53 pm

UPDATE: The $1 off listed price sale starts today!

Wanted. No red or dark blue discs. Little or no ink.

Ch Sidewinder 158g -166g
Ch Roadrunner 158g -166g
Ch Mamba 158g -166g
Star Firebird, very flat
ESP Zone 173g -176g
Challenger, not FLX
Gl River
Northman
King 158g -166g

Ion or Anode, soft proton 173g -176g

TD2 Fever 158g -166g
FD Jackal 164g -170g

Sell
Aero gummy DX 167g, no ink 9/10 $6
Beast pro D 170g, no ink 9/10 $9
Challenger FLX 174g pink, no ink 8/10 $9
Cyclone ESP 170g, small faded ink $9
Flow goldline 172g pearly yellow 9/10 $20
Judge classic soft 175g lt blue (two matching discs) 9/10 & 10/10 $20 pair
Leopard Star 172g red $10
Westside Northman VIP 165g blue domey strong fade 10/10 $14
Prodigy D3 Proto 400 plastic 165g lime 10/10 $15
Pure recycled 173g Slate, no ink 10/10 $11
Pure soft 173g bright pink, no ink 9/10 $10
Saint GL 169g blue, small faded ink 8/10 $10
Stalker Elite Z 168g orange, no ink 8/10 $9
Surge EliteZ 170g pink, small faded ink 9/10 $9
Sword VIP 165g neon green 10/10 $14
Wraith Blizzard 158g red, no ink 9/10 $10
Last edited by Glastenbury on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Larry T.

ShreddedCoconut
Intermediate

Re: Okay, what do I need to do to get these sold? Offers?

Post by ShreddedCoconut » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:50 am

I have an Echo Star Wraith, Neutron Shock, and neutron anode that I'd be willing to trade 2 for the 2 soft judges you have. Or all three with your star leopard thrown in.

shad
Discussion Pro

Post by shad » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:10 am

What's a Storm Trooper--who makes them? I want one also or ten. :law-police:

Glastenbury
Rookie

Post by Glastenbury » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:27 pm

Well, I thought they were an early run of Neutron plastic MVP Anodes. Extra soft. But I really just don't know. I have a feeling that you know exactly. I just wanted a very soft Neutron plastic Anode or Ion.
Larry T.

Glastenbury
Rookie

Post by Glastenbury » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:35 pm

ShreddedCoconut wrote:I have an Echo Star Wraith, Neutron Shock, and neutron anode that I'd be willing to trade 2 for the 2 soft judges you have. Or all three with your star leopard thrown in.

What's the weight, color, amount of ink of your discs? Cash would be great for the Judges. I got them during a visit to Marshall St a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised how hard it was to find a matched pair. Can't do that online. Thanks.
Larry T.

ShreddedCoconut
Intermediate

Post by ShreddedCoconut » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:18 am

Wraith is 175g pink/red , anode MVP green 175g, shock is white, 173. Ink on all, I can do my best with acetone if you want to trade. I'd prefer trade only, its a better deal for you considering Im trading down premium discs for base putters.

shad
Discussion Pro

Post by shad » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:04 am

Glastenbury wrote:Well, I thought they were an early run of Neutron plastic MVP Anodes. Extra soft. But I really just don't know. I have a feeling that you know exactly. I just wanted a very soft Neutron plastic Anode or Ion.

Well being a Star Wars nerd I assumed they were named after the characters from the movie. I'm big into themes and one of those would go nicely with my Star Destroyer. Looks like they're are only custom stamped ones out there right now.

throwfromthewoods12
Intermediate

Post by throwfromthewoods12 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:33 am

Stormtrooper is just a term used for MVP discs that are stampless and white with the black overmold. Doesn't have anything to do with a specific run, plastic blend, etc. Just a color thing. Sometimes the black in black are called Vader discs.

I'd be willing to buy the Judges off you, but only for like $6 or $7 each. They're $11.99 new. Base plastic putters don't hold a lot of resale value unless they're black or limited runs.

Glastenbury
Rookie

Post by Glastenbury » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:54 pm

throwfromthewoods12 wrote:Stormtrooper is just a term used for MVP discs that are stampless and white with the black overmold. Doesn't have anything to do with a specific run, plastic blend, etc. Just a color thing. Sometimes the black in black are called Vader discs.

I'd be willing to buy the Judges off you, but only for like $6 or $7 each. They're $11.99 new. Base plastic putters don't hold a lot of resale value unless they're black or limited runs.

Just not buying the base plastic story. It's not like it's DX. One is unthrown. Sure, $20 is a stretch but just try to find a matched pair. I guess I'll just have to throw them. How bad could that be? Removed from the list.
Larry T.

Glastenbury
Rookie

Post by Glastenbury » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:01 pm

ShreddedCoconut wrote:Wraith is 175g pink/red , anode MVP green 175g, shock is white, 173. Ink on all, I can do my best with acetone if you want to trade. I'd prefer trade only, its a better deal for you considering Im trading down premium discs for base putters.

There's no way I could throw a 175 wraith. Much too heavy for me.
That anode is the one I sold to you. Don't give up on it already!
I shouldn't have put the shock on my list. Sorry.
Thanks for the response though.
Larry T.

throwfromthewoods12
Intermediate

Post by throwfromthewoods12 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Well, base plastic is base plastic. Whether it's DX, Pro-D, or Classic. And a matching pair of putters doesn't mean much to me since I only throw one putter at a time. I just was looking for a couple of the same mold to use for practice. No biggie. :-)

Glastenbury
Rookie

Post by Glastenbury » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:29 pm

Usually, for practice, people want them to be the same weight and to fly the same, right? I heard that different colors of the same mold fly differently sometimes. So, matching mold, weight and, color seemed like kind of a good thing. But like you said, since your only throwing one disc at a time I guess it doesn't matter. I've got an R-Pro Dart and a Star Dart that should meet your needs perfectly. Both yellow too (not that it matters) ! Funny ;)
Larry T.

ShreddedCoconut
Intermediate

Post by ShreddedCoconut » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:43 pm

Base plastic IS base plastic. If you mean to tell me someone can tell the difference between 1 gram, and a different color on 2 putters you are out of your mind. You are being wayyyy too mental with your discs. Your discs dont give a [bleep]. Indian not the arrow. Seems like you only want to trade when its in your favor. Thats fine. Have fun holding on to those judges. :lol:

Glastenbury
Rookie

Post by Glastenbury » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:24 pm

If Innova only made disc in star plastic would you call it base or premium? I think "base" plastic form gateway or DD is a step or two less "base" than DX or Pro-D and therefore shouldn't depreciate from $12 to $6 in unthrown condition. More than anything else, you can tell from my asking price, that I'm not super hot to dump them. Same with my $20 Flow. More than I paid for it. Just ignorant, I guess.

Can't you tell the difference of 1 gram? Just kidding. I'd bet you can tell 3 gr. And, I'm pretty sure you recognize that there is a "mental" aspect to the game so, matching mold, weight and, color helps in any way, it might be worth it. I know you have at least 5 wizards and at least 3 of them are black. I'd be willing to bet that they are within 3 gr of each other too. Maybe your experience with those have taught you that there is no benefit. I've never had a pair of putters before so I haven't learned anything about that yet. So, maybe you'd like my Darts too. If I was a good archer I would have just kept throwing my first putter and skipped wasting time and money on any others. I'm sure I would have been a better archer if I had.

Either way, the salesmanship is amusing and it's certainly fair game. Doesn't mean I have to fall for it though. And yes, the transactions I propose are not meant to be to my disadvantage. Cruel world. I'd give you $3 each for those old, used, base plastic, black wizards if you'd take it. No? Why not?

Please don't take any of this seriously. Just a discussion. Not an arument. I think I've learned a couple of thing along the way. These conversations certainly won't help me sell these discs though. Bummer. I did sell 5 at $1 off get 1 free. Deals are available! Guarenteed high performance! Get them while they last! New inventory every week! Will not be undersold!
Larry T.