Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stats
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:22 am 
Advanced

bam!

wow

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:59 pm 
Advanced

so yesterday I got in the front-9, against the wishes of the misses, but I managed a drop-in birdie (er, 3) on the "new" 9 8-)

it occurred to me after I finished the round that it strikes me as odd 9 is a 4-par while 4 is a 3-par... that said, i know i'm pretty happy with myself when/if I 3 either one of them.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:32 am 
Discussion Pro

The stats show 4 to be a par 3 in spite of the fact that nobody 2's it. Tim J got a 2 once (on his way to a course record 21 for the front 9).

I'm not going to change the pars. No way hole 9 is a par 4. Many more people get 3 than 4 so how can it be par 4 if more people get 3. Don't care what the average is. Hole 15 gets more 4's than 5's so it's a par 4.

Course pro par is 63, as it was before. 9 is a par 3, and 15 is a 4.

Zoom, bam.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:50 am 
Discussion Pro

http://www.hyzercreek.com/stats.htm

Stats are up for April Showers 9. Just click the above and scroll down to the bottom.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:31 am 
Novice

So it sounds like my deuce birdie on hole #4 in the second round of April Showers 2014 was a rarity. It's not reflected in the statistics chart because I am not currently >=900 rated (I'm new to PDGA and have only one tournament recourded). Birdie was witnessed by Harry L., Aaron H. & Corey D. in my foursome. Sorry to 'toot my own horn' but seems like a worthwhile achievement! 8-) - AndrewT

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:33 am 
Advanced

Morgan wrote:

its starting to get hard to keep track of!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:37 pm 
Discussion Pro

timdef wrote:
Morgan wrote:

its starting to get hard to keep track of!

It looks like hole 9 is really a par 3. The stats don't support a par 4 status. More people 3 it than 4 it.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:10 pm 
Advanced

Morgan wrote:

It looks like hole 9 is really a par 3. The stats don't support a par 4 status. More people 3 it than 4 it.

I agree with it and the stats are good back up! (which i appreciate you sharing with everyone as you always have)

it should get engraved in stone somewhere so it doesn't change again :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:09 pm 
Discussion Pro

39 3's
22 4's
7 5's
2 6's

Even if you add all the 4's 5's and 6's you get 31 which is less than all the 3's

If you add all the strokes over 3 you get 22 + 7 x 2 + 2 x 3 = 42 which is more than 39, but if it were really a par 4 there would be a lot more 4's than 3's

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:42 am 
Discussion Pro

Since it turns out hole 9 is not a true par 4, I need to make it either a true par 4, or a regular par 3 that people can get 2's on. Now, the only way to get a 2 is with a 100 foot putt. That's not a normal par 3.

Making it a true par 4 would require moving the tee pad, which ain't happening, or moving the pin somewhere. I like where the pin is, it's been there for 13 years I'm sort of fond of it.

So, to make it a par 3, that people can 2, is the plan.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:23 am 
Intermediate

Have you considered clearing out the area down the fairway a bit, off to the right before you cross the creek? Drop a teepad back there 100' (roughly parallel to 8's basket but down the hill) and you've got a multiple angle (anny-flick, tight hyzer, maybe even a thumber shot or an s-shot) hole still around the 300' mark. It eliminates the hyzer risk of the current teepad. It also takes out having to walk back to 9s tee. You just have a path from the 8 basket down to the tee. You can still put the fence up just in case some cannon arm blasts it through the gap and down the hill. But I imagine that would happen far less than people getting near the tee box now. The pin gets to stay where it is, and it's still a tight, challenging fairway that rewards a good drive with a makeable birdie putt.

Just my initial thoughts. I'm not as familiar with the terrain as you. So it may not be a feasible option at all.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:42 am 
I Am "They"

par 3s don't have to reachable with a drive. Hole 9 is good.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:25 pm 
Discussion Pro

Yeah I dig hole 9 too! Its a hole that you need to get a 3 on if you're gonna stay in contention. That being said if you opened up the top a little bit for a big spikehyzer route that would be pretty sick!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:10 am 
Discussion Pro

Nah. No sky hyzers. Just decreased the dogleg by ridding the world of excess trees. Took about 20 big ones out. Anybody need firewood?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:40 am 
Discussion Pro

I'll drive my pickup to the Birdie Bash and grab some firewood. Thanks for everything!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next