Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hole 17
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:33 am 
Discussion Pro

This weekend when everybody is at the Jammer I'll be sitting on an excavator pulling stumps and rocks and seeding lawn on 17, and digging a ditch to drain the muddy spot. If I have time I'll do the same to hole 4.

Before and after pics coming.

Post subject: Re: Hole 17
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:22 am 
Discussion Pro

17 is done. Graded the first 40 feet of the part of the fairway that attaches to 12, (so it will be mowable lawn) and got the machine down to the muddy part where the spring is, and dug a deep ditch for the spring to drain, and there will not be any mud anymore.

Did the same thing to hole 4, graded the bad part of 4 and dug a deep ditch that goes from the muddy part of 5 (just past the tee) down the little stream on 4 to make it deeper, and get rid of all the muddy parts.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:51 pm 
I Am "They"

Morgan you are they!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:07 am 
Discussion Pro

4 is a freaking mess now because of mud and rocks and a huge ditch people have to jump over or land discs in. Today I'm going to run a long plastic culvert pipe from the spring near 5 tee pad, and bury it, eliminating the ditch and creek. The culvert pipe will come out in the woods down the hill. You won't even know there is water there anymore. No creek. No ditch.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:08 am 
Discussion Pro

Epic fail on hole 4/5. I dug a ditch from near hole 5 tee pad across 4 fairway to get rid of the muddy areas, and tried to run a couple of 4 inch culvert pipes in the ditch and bury them, but there was no dirt anywhere, only rocks, and I learned that 4 inch plastic pipes can't handle the weight of heavy rocks, it pinched them and there was no flow so I had to dig them back out. Now it's a muddy mess until the mud hardens again (a month).

Go to facebook.com/hyzercreek for pics of the disaster.