Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Course improvements
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:06 pm 
Discussion Pro

Only 18 holes. Hole 17 would have 2 tee pads and one pin. NOT playing up hole 12 fairway like before. Playing dogleg from the 300 foot rock to new 17 pin. 17 would be either 720 feet or 200 feet. Both holes finish on the same pin.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:57 pm 
Discussion Pro

Hole 6 extension is a nice change. The old stone wall on the right side would be OB and make it tough/
On HOLE 17. I suppose you could put a mando somewhere to control errrant throws

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:09 pm 
Discussion Pro

Yeah 6 stone wall OB would suck for lefties. I'll try to stay away from it. I played a round with a guy from California once and he asked me how long that stone wall had been there. I said I don't know, since the 1700's maybe the 1800's. He was totally puzzled. Nothing in California is older than 1930. He acted like it was Stone Henge.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:45 pm 
Discussion Pro

Today I moved a 10 foot slab to old 17 with help from Mike Fahey, Shane Fahey, Ian Hawthorne, and John Venditti

It looks oresome!

Photo to follow on www.facebook.com/hyzercreek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:37 pm 
Novice

Hole 15 is nice not a gimme three anymore (should stay a par 3).But in my opinion :obscene-drinkingbuddies: ...Hole 17 morgan you have alotta work cut out there..You should just renumber .make 18 #1 and hole one #18.just reverse pads and pins.:)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:37 am 
Discussion Pro

Yesterday finishing touches on 15 with help from Caesar Vanderoy (sp?) from Clearwater, Florida.

Cut down a couple of "they make it more challenging" trees in the fairway, because trees in the fairway means no fairway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:11 pm 
Discussion Pro

This morning as I started day 2 of clearing 17 a group of hippies happenned along and stopped to help, and I got a lot more done than I'd expected. Saw blonde dreadlocks flying and the whole thing smelled like patchouli oil, but now the new fairway is carved about 100 feet into the woods, another 100 feet to go to meet up with regular 17.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:52 pm 
Discussion Pro

Today and yesterday Sara and I carved another 50 feet into the woods. Tomorrow I'll be blasting through to 17 and after a few days clean-up hole 17 will be a little bigger. From 200 feet to 750. Keeping the tee pad for short 17 for am's to play. Pros play long 17.

Course map already updated to http://www.hyzercreek.com/hyzercreekmap.htm which you can check out.

Not playable yet, will be by the weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:00 pm 
Discussion Pro

Today I reached 17 on the right side but not the left. I should be finished with the new fairway tomorrow, and it will be playable for the weekend. Greg, you might want to move the plants you have behind the short tee pad of 17 because now people might step on them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:48 am 
Discussion Pro

Ok this morning I lit the pile of trees at 7 AM and by 9:30 the fire was done.

Watch video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txHAMk7ABDg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:19 pm 
Discussion Pro

that is the coolest ob hazard I have ever seen, a flaming hot plastic melter? As usual, you are ahead of the curve, luckily I can't throw 400 feet, unless I was trying to hit you, and you probably won't sit in the same spot during a tournament so I'm ok.

hyzer is a beautiful thing indeed, thanks for the video of a man, outstanding in his field, go man go, I can't wait to get back up there for a good ass kicking. All that work, just for us bums to have a good time, you're alright.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:17 am 
Discussion Pro

Thanks. Didn't you build TWO courses just so we can have a good time?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:15 pm 
Discussion Pro

eh, no biggie, never actually brought in a bulldozer or scorched the clouds, just finding my way in the world, one episode at a time, you will enjoy Hunter, I think we are starting to have the total package in the discap neighborhood.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:05 pm 
Discussion Pro

Today I built a stone bridge across Hyzer Creek at long 17, just like the one at 12. I rented a Komatsu PC27, it does a hell of a job moving 3000 pound rocks. I got it for the whole weekend so come out tomorrow and I'll let you operate the thing for fun. This machine is stronger than 14 Arnold Schwartzeneggers. I'm skipping sunday doubles, gotta work on 17.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:37 am 
Discussion Pro

Clearing new 17 fairway where it gets too narrow, clearing the small trees that Jeff and Greg suggested I clear last month.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next