8-Bit Disc Golf is coming!

throwfromthewoods12
Intermediate

8-Bit Disc Golf is coming!

Post by throwfromthewoods12 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:48 am

My name is Matt Bertram. I'm a CNYDGA member. Some of you already know me. I've had the pleasure of playing in tournaments with you and supporting what you do in the Capital region for the sport. And some of you have seen this, and maybe have even been following it on Facebook. And for that, I am extremely grateful. For everyone else, let me give you the introduction:

I am as pleased as Mario wrapped up all cozy in a Tanooki Suit to announce the recent creation and inevitable launch of a new line of Disc Golf apparel. 8-Bit Disc Golf combines the sport you love with the nostalgia you wistfully reminisce about when you’re half in the bag. I’m here to help you represent the Nintendo generation on the course with old school gamer-inspired threads.

So sit back, grab an old mix tape, a 2-liter bottle of Shasta, and shake out those thumbs. 8-Bit Disc Golf is coming…

http://www.facebook.com/8BitDiscGolf

Today is also a very exciting, and crucial, day for 8-Bit Disc Golf. It is the official launch of our Kickstarter campaign!

For those of you who are not aware of what Kickstarter is, it's a website that lets people with creative projects submit those projects for the world to see. The purpose is to appeal to your audience in the hopes that they will help fund your project and get it off the ground faster. I know, I know. It sounds like a bunch of people just begging for money. But hear me out...

...just let me get up on my soapbox...

...there we go.

8-Bit Disc Golf was not created to make money. This is not a career for me. I decided to start this company in order to give like-minded DGers a voice on the course. To let them have more fun out there. These shirts are not about their performance-enhancing ability, the seriousness of their design-work, or the promotion of some agenda.

These shirts are just as much about all of you as they are about me. But, with that being said, I'm doing all of the work. So, I need your help.

Here is your incentive. If you donate $20, you will have earned a free shirt (lets not get into the semantics of buying a free shirt...). Since these shirts will cost $20 anyways, think of it as pre-ordering. And you'll be helping me get these off the press and into your hands quicker.

Donate $5 or even $1 if you want, every little bit helps. The one little catch is that if I can't meet my goal within 30 days, then I don't get anything. Zip. Nadda. Zero. No deneros.

So, please, help make 8-Bit Disc Golf a reality. I promise that new designs and new clothing options will be made available throughout the life and growth of this company. I promise that what you say will be heard.

¡Viva la Revolución!

...cough...

OK, sorry. I got carried away there.

But in all seriousness, I want to make 8-Bit Disc Golf a reality. And the sooner I can accomplish that, the better it will be. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions. And please consider helping out a fellow DGer with a dream. I mean, in all honesty, I'm not that good of a player! Help me do something meaningful for the sport!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200 ... ?ref=users

I hope to make the CNYDGA, and all of you fellow NYS players, proud and further our stamp on the disc golf community.

throwfromthewoods12
Intermediate

Re: 8-Bit Disc Golf is coming!

Post by throwfromthewoods12 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:12 am

QUICK EDIT

I understand the Kickstarter makes you log in to make a donation. Either through them or through Facebook. If you do not want the hassle, you can message me to Paypal me the donation and I will post it directly to the project on Kickstarter. The $20 donation will still get you a shirt.

throwfromthewoods12
Intermediate

Post by throwfromthewoods12 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:07 pm

OK guys, it is getting close to trigger-time. Here's the cheat sheet on the initial launch:

1) A total of four designs will be made available for the outset. Three I've already posted and a new one that I'm saving to reveal (and might just be my personal favorite).

2) These shirts will all be dri-fit, so start sweating!

3) This may disappoint some, but each design will only be offered in one color. But that color will be chosen specifically to compliment the design on the shirt.

4) I like to keep things simple, so $20 shipped to your door will be the damage done.

5) I'll be running specials and first crack at any new designs specifically from the Facebook page, so be sure to Like it and follow us there!

I'm still looking for any donations or preorders you all want to help out with. The faster I can satisfy the capitalist money gods, the faster I can get to the fun stuff; getting these shirts out on the course! Message me if you have any questions!

It's on like Donkey Kong!

throwfromthewoods12
Intermediate

Post by throwfromthewoods12 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:23 pm

It’s time to back up until just your toes are touching the top brick and make a running leap for that flag! It’s order time! Here’s how it’s going to go. Up until May 11th, I will be taking preorders on shirts. We are running 5 designs for the first run, and they are:

1) RPG Battle Menu design on a black shirt.
2) “Power Up” design on a light blue shirt.
3) Health Bar design on a kelley green shirt.
4) “Old School Basket” design on a black shirt.
5) “All Your Ace” design in black text on a silver shirt.

The preorder is to guarantee your size and design choice. If you want, you can always wait until the order comes in and take the chance on your size/design. Or if you want to wait and see how the shirts look. It’s completely up to you. I should have the order in hand by the end of May and shipping as soon as I get them. Send me a message!

EXTRA LIFE! I will also be running a little contest to celebrate the launch of 8-Bit Disc Golf. All purchases made through June 30th will automatically enter you into a random drawing for one of three 8-Bit Disc Golf discs. These will be super snazzy Latitude 64 Gold Line Fuses with 8-Bit Disc Golf designs; using Dynamic Discs’ Dyemax technology. One shirt gives you one entry. Two shirts give you two entries. You get the idea!

Be sure to Like us on Facebook if you haven’t already, and get your friends to Like us too. We love attention like Link loves long underwear.

throwfromthewoods12
Intermediate

Post by throwfromthewoods12 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:46 am

Shirts are in! 3 of them anyways. The Heartbar design had a small hiccup and will be here by the end of next week. Send me a message to get you going on owning one of these shirts that will be sure to get some looks out on the course!

Check out the Facebook page for all the info and pictures of the shirts!

Just a reminder, each shirt is $20.00 shipped to your door.

As an added bonus...buy any 2 shirts for $35.00!

Additional reminder. After June 30th I will be randomly drawing 3 winners from all buyers to win an 8-Bit Disc Golf designed Dyemax Gold Line Fuse!

http://www.facebook.com/8BitDiscGolf