John Boyd Thacher State Park Disc Golf Course Layout

2015 - Voorheesville NY
MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Re: John Boyd Thacher State Park Disc Golf Course Layout

Post by MichiganJeff » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:14 am

Martin wrote:Played last wknd and the tees are definitely much safer where they are now located. 1 especially. Not a fan of the change to 3 but wasn't a good hole to begin with.

3 is that short tunnel shot, right? Sidewalk just behind it?
2019 Innova Ambassador
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

Mel
Intermediate

Post by Mel » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:09 pm

Martin wrote:Played last wknd and the tees are definitely much safer where they are now located. 1 especially. Not a fan of the change to 3 but wasn't a good hole to begin with.

Played twice with the new front 9 tee placements.
Happy with new 5 & 8, but tee 8 needs to be more level IMO.
#1 needed to be moved for pedestrian safety, but the new placement seems to be too far into 7's fairway and basket area for player safety.
Overall I am happy with the new tee placements and the rubber mats look easy to move if the tees need to be tweaked.

I still believe that the picnic tables and grills should be removed from #4's fairway and #6's tee area for safety and functionality.

kenjiac
I Am "They"

Post by kenjiac » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:05 pm

fishhead420 wrote:Looks like they have listened to the safety concerns, played yesterday and the front nine has some new tee pad placement. They now have rubber mats for all the tee pads. #1 has been moved up on the hill to the right towards basket #7, making it easier to see the basket and also if anyone is walking in the vicinity, just have to be aware if anyone is teeing off of #7, or vise verse. #3 is moved to the left, making it a hyzer line to the basket (which I almost aced). #5 has been positioned in the correct line for the tunnel shot into the woods. #8 is angled towards the basket better, but on an awkward angle to the hill. All in all it is getting better, now if they could take down the marked trees on the back nine to open up some of the woods play it will be real fun to play :)

We cleared what trees are going on the back 9. The ones marked are marked to stay. Maybe a small trim here or there but nothing really significant.
DisCap President
PDGA # 37696
NEFA # 1163

fishhead420
Novice

Post by fishhead420 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:12 pm

kenjiac wrote:
fishhead420 wrote:Looks like they have listened to the safety concerns, played yesterday and the front nine has some new tee pad placement. They now have rubber mats for all the tee pads. #1 has been moved up on the hill to the right towards basket #7, making it easier to see the basket and also if anyone is walking in the vicinity, just have to be aware if anyone is teeing off of #7, or vise verse. #3 is moved to the left, making it a hyzer line to the basket (which I almost aced). #5 has been positioned in the correct line for the tunnel shot into the woods. #8 is angled towards the basket better, but on an awkward angle to the hill. All in all it is getting better, now if they could take down the marked trees on the back nine to open up some of the woods play it will be real fun to play :)

We cleared what trees are going on the back 9. The ones marked are marked to stay. Maybe a small trim here or there but nothing really significant.

That is a shame because #11, #14, #17 &#18 could really use it. I thought the trees marked with orange would go and the one's marked pink would stay, looks like that made sense, especially #11 and #17 IMHO that is
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

kenjiac
I Am "They"

Post by kenjiac » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:19 pm

Got to hit those gaps.
DisCap President
PDGA # 37696
NEFA # 1163

Martin
Novice

Post by Martin » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:32 am

MichiganJeff wrote:

Yes - sidewalk was just in front of the tee. Now it's moved to the left.
Team Captain Lawrence

MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Post by MichiganJeff » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:50 am

Martin wrote:
MichiganJeff wrote:

Yes - sidewalk was just in front of the tee. Now it's moved to the left.
I'm curious............ gonna head out there one day this week.
2019 Innova Ambassador
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112